Chosen Few Bronzebeard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Timeless Isle Chests

Go down

Timeless Isle Chests Empty Timeless Isle Chests

Post by Termínator™ Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:01 am

Timeless Isle Chests
By Simca with assistance from Tziva

This is the more in-depth version of the Timeless Isle Chest Map/Guide that I wrote for the front page. The map on the front page is a slight oversimplification - it includes all the chests, but it doesn't explain exactly how they all work as well. In this expanded version I will cover the details of the looting mechanisms of the chests, include a step-by-step guide with TomTom macros, and a long list at the end for use by TomTom users who also run Paste. I expect this guide will primarily be used by the following three groups of people:

• People who want to get an advantage on the day of the patch release
  • People who are doing it for the n-th time on their alts
  • People who are having trouble finding one last chest (It took me 3 hours to find the last three chests I was missing, and the process involved a hex editor, Paint.NET, and a protractor.)

Why are these chests important?
One of the chests on the map below (marked with a 7) contains a Timeless Isle Chests 103982Burden of Eternity, which you can use to obtain an itemlevel 535 item. Additionally, you can fill out all of your specs with itemlevel 496 gear; you will receive a ton of it following this guide/map. Check out last week's Monday post for more details on Timeless Isle Armor.

These chests are linked to achievements as well. Finding all of the 'one-time' chests (all of the chests on the map marked with numbers) will net you the achievement Timeless Isle Chests Inv_misc_coin_01Treasure, Treasure Everywhere. If you loot both all three pirate-themed Weekly chests, you will receive the achievement Timeless Isle Chests Inv_helmet_66Where There's Pirates, There's Booty, and you can receive the achievement Timeless Isle Chests Trade_archaeology_chestoftinyglassanimalsExtreme Treasure Hunter for getting the other three chests, which all require platforming.

What loot do I get from these chests, exactly?
I will cover that in the legend below. First, it appears that the loot from chests is catered mostly if not entirely to your spec/class, so you will only find Leather tokens on a Rogue from these chests. Mobs do not have the same rules, so they can drop any kind of BoA armor type. Also, know that the asterisks in the legend mean that the first chest you open of that 'chest type' will contain additional loot. For example, the first "Tier 1 Group 1" chest you open will -always- contain an epic, even though finding epic tokens normally is pretty rare for a "Tier 1 Group 1" chest. This "first chest of its kind gets more loot" rule is the reason that the map/legend here is slightly more complicated than the front page's version. On the front page, I made the groups up by common sense. In this thread, I will use the groups that Blizzard uses.

• All non-"W" chests can only be looted once per toon!
  • Tier 1 Group 1 ("1")*: These chests are located on the north-west/west coast of the Timeless Isle and have the name "Moss-Covered Chest". They contain a very small amount of Timeless Coins and can sometimes contain an epic token.
  • Tier 1 Group 2 ("2")*: These chests are located on the south-west/south coast of the Timeless Isle and have the name "Moss-Covered Chest". They also contain a very small amount of Timeless Coins and can sometimes contain an epic token.
  • Tier 1 Group 3 ("3")*: These chests are located near Mossgreen Lake, in Red Stone Run, and in Whispershade Hollow in the middle and middle-eastern parts of the Timeless Isle. They still have the name "Moss-Covered Chest", but their loot is better than the previous groups' loot. They contain a lot more Timeless Coins, but they still appear to have the same (rather low) chance at an epic.
  • Tier 1 Group 4 ("4")*: These chests are located near the bottom of the cliffs north and northeast of Firewalker Ruins in the middle and middle-eastern parts of the Timeless Isle. They still have the name "Moss-Covered Chest". Their loot is the same as Group 3 - not amazing, but significantly better than Group 1 and Group 2.
  • Tier 2 ("5")*: These chests are located in hard to reach places and have many different names. The western two of them are on top of cliffs and only accessible by Albatross. Another two are in caves, and the final one is an area densely populated by deadly frogs. These chests all contain a small amount of Timeless Coins and multiple epic tokens.
  • Tier 3 ("6")*: These chests are located in the middle of groups of Ordos yaungol and have the name "Smouldering Chest". They contain several hundred Timeless Coins and multiple epic tokens.
  • Blazing Chest ("7"): This 'ultimate' chest, the Blazing Chest, is located in the western part of the Ordos Sanctuary and is quite tricky to reach due to the large amount of high-level elites in the area. The chest contains a medium amount of Timeless Coins, a few epic tokens, and a guaranteed Timeless Isle Chests 103982Burden of Eternity. This is one of the only ways to obtain a Burden of Eternity that doesn't involve luck, making this chest very important.
  • Weekly ("W"): As the name implies, these chests can be looted once per week, unlike the majority of the island's chests. All of them are in places that require effort to reach. Some are underwater, some require platforming, and one of them even requires a key from nearby mobs. Additionally, they all drop large amounts of Lesser Charms of Good Fortune in addition to a medium amount of Timeless Coins and a possible epic token. The southern-most Weekly chest also will contain a Timeless Isle Chests 104038Cursed Swabby Helmet the first time you open it.

Timeless Isle Chests NewTimelessChests
Termínator™
Termínator™

Country Country : Northern Ireland
Character Name Character Name : Termínator - Nightelf Hunter 100 Main

http://wow-chosen-few.wowstead.com/

Back to top Go down